Sunday, August 17, 2008

Restaurant review - Piadina, Greenbelt 1, Makati City



Hi, yes this is still baby Josh. And I'm going to write my very first review for the very first restaurant that I have dined in. Okay, I was just in the stroller beside my parents while they were eating but that should count.

While waiting for Mommy Corrie* and Lolo Ned, my Daddy Ardy and Mama Tat decided to get a quick bite at the casual dining Italian restaurant, Piadina owned by this once famouse model, Tessa and her Italian husband (according to my Mama who is always up to date, I think.)

Daddy tried the soup that came with Mama's set pasta meal, and boy did his eyes light up!

"Honey, let's let Josh try this..." said my Daddy.

He gave me about half a spoon and -- whoooaa! It was good. Like nothing I've ever tasted..especially since my whole gustatory experience has been milk formula and cerelac! Haaaay. That's the gourmet life of a 7 month old.

It was a simple, milky kind of vegetable soup. Very tasty (my Dad hopes it doesn't have any MSG or anything like that--most unlikely since this joint looks considerate and caring.)

Yes, my dear readers, I did finish the whole bowl. I was a good boy in my best behaviour. I did not bang the table like what I do when I'm at home and I want more cerelac...

Daddy and Mama finished their pasta and piadina and off we went. In half a minute, there was Lolo Ned and Mommy Corrie who had a bag of new clothes and stuff for me that she bought at Landmark.

I was getting really sleepy--it was past 8pm already--but I did my best to be sweet to my grandparents.

Mama Tat and then later on Daddy Ardy put me to bed and all is well with the world... I love you God! Thank You for putting me on this earth with my parents :-)

*Mommy Corrie is my Daddy's mother who doesnt' want to be called Lola because she looks too young and beautiful to be a lola (that's what she wanted 19 years ago when she had her first apo, so the name just stuck.) But she is really beautiful--a pretty sight for baby eyes like mine. Hee hee.

+++

Post script - Piadina for seconds. The day after, we returned to Piadina when my Dad brought me out of the house for a walk. It started to rain as we were walking to go to the Legaspi park market so we rushed to Greenbelt instead. It was nearing noon and I sent my brain waves to Daddy to get me something to eat. He is such a receiver. Umm.

We had seconds. I shared it with my Dad. The picture above show's me with my eager, tender bear eyes, and pouted lips ready to be fed! Yummmy

No comments: