Thursday, August 28, 2008

mommy corrie is going to throw me a party!







My mommy corrie (she's my lola -- my dad's mom), texted my Dad and said that she's going to throw a 'welcome to the family' kind of party for me.

I'm going to meet my Dad's relatives and titos and titas and I'll get to see my Ninang cherry and Sharon again. And my Lolo Ned too! My cousins -- matt, bam and bruce -- are going there too.

My Ninang Elaine and Ninong Rene went back to Singapore today but not before giving me some cool gifts. I like the Baby Einstein CD the most and the Maisy the Mouse pop up book (which I promptly tore apart. Sorry, I didn't know you were not supposed to and yaya did not stop me. Oh well...)

That's my Ninong Rene (in green) carrying me on our way to the Red Crab restaurant in Greenbelt last week Monday when they arrived from Singapore. I like my Ninong Rene. He hums to me while he carries me. I miss them already. :-(

I really don't care that I'm adopted because this adopted family of mine really, really loves me. (Sigh.) So you don't have to whisper to my Dad or Mom ("Is he the one you adopted?") because to me, being adopted is a badge of honor and love. When my Dad and Mom look at me when we're all cuddling in bed, I know that they love me like I was their own flesh and blood.

Well, that's it. I dont' mean to get all mushy. But that's life--my life--right now. Thank You God.