Sunday, August 24, 2008

My first encounter with rambutan, papaya and little dogs


Today, my Dad woke up early (to my surprise since he's been down with colds the past few days) and brought me and yaya to the park -- and the market.


The Legaspi Village park was open today (I think it's a sunday today) and my Dad introduced what he said were 'fruits': a little hairy red thing (he called ram-boot-man), an orange blob he called 'papa-ya' (any relation to yaya?) and something else--I forget...


I almost walked in the park this morning too and worked up an appetite. So while my Dad shared some weird looking noodles he called so-tang-hon and sayboo lechon (hind anak--it's cebu) with my yaya I was drinking some really fresh and cool sugarcane juice. Aah.


Oh, and I saw two teeny weeny little dogs that I wanted to pet and hold...and bite but the owner said that the other little dog would bite me first.