Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My parents want to be advocates for adoption

My Mama and Daddy have been so encouraged about this whole adoption experience that they want to encourage as many friends and people as possible to adopt.



They have this guy in the office, I think his name is Tito Gerry, who they say looks like me because he 's also "kalbo." They point to his head so I guess that means that he's also "pogi"? He he. Well, this guy and his wife don't have kids and they became excited about adopting when I came into the scene.


As I eavesdrop on their conversations, Mama says that maybe they should have adopted a long time ago. But my Dad, with his wisdom*, always says, "then we wouldn't have had Joshua as our son!" (Yeah, go Dad, go!)




My Mama gets all emotional again and kisses me all over my round face. Oh well.

(Oh yeah, that picture of me up there is one of their favorites. That's me with my post-fart smile...He he he.)

I guess I'm pretty happy about the effect that I've had in my parents' lives and hopefully in the lives of those who at least got to think about adopting also. I was one of the 1,000+ babies that was available for adoption in Manila--and I was almost adopted to some other country in Europe until my Daddy and Mama submitted their papers right in the nick of time. A day or two later, I was matched with them!


My social worker (whom I really love) at the Foundation (Kaisahang Buhay Foundation) processed and coordinated everything for me and my new parents were so happy about me being matched with my Daddy and Mama...

Anyway, I'm sure my Dad, being the blogger and writer that he is, will blog about it one day in his own blog--The Adoptive Dad.

And if you want to see my picture gallery, go to http://www.ardyroberto.multiply.com/