Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lullabye by Bieber - Not!

This happened last night.

I was kissing my Joshy Boy good night and readying him for bed (which means: giving him his MiMi, kissing his forehead, reading him a story and/or singing a lullabye).

As I kissed his forehead, he told me :
Daddy, don't kiss me naman. You're so baho eh... You did not take a bath like me.

Oh, sorry, Joshua. But I brushed my teeth naman ah! (I tried smelling my shirt and my underarm, if indeed I smelled bad, but no naman.) Hmmm was this boy pulling my leg again?

Okay, Josh. I will just sing you a lullabye, okay?

Okay, Dad. But no kissing.

Okay, sure my son, my love. 

Baby, baby, baby ooh! (I sing the Justin Bieber song like a lullabye just to pull his leg. I do this every night to kid him.)

No, Dad! (Joshua starts covering his ears. First time he has done this..)
Don't sing Ba-by, Ba-by, Ba-by o-oh! It's too loud. Not like that. Don't sing Ba-by, Ba-by, Ba-by oooh! It's too loud naman!

Okay, anak. Sorry. Okay, here we go (Oh how I wish I had taped his voice as he was saying/singing Justin Bieber).

Then I proceed to sing, our classic Brahms lullabye mash up,

Lullabye, Joshua Boy, 
Oh how we love you sooo mu-uch!
Go to sleep, our Joshy Boy, 
how we lo-o-ove you so mu-uch!
Lalalu, lalalu....

Ayan, okay. Thanks Dad.

Then Josh closes his eyes and goes off to dream land.

Thank You Lord for such a wonderful, funny, boy.

With apologies to Justin Bieber who will be visiting the Philippines to do a concert this May.
For those who have been living under a rock and don't know the Bieber song, here's the MTV on Youtube which has been viewed for only 520MILLION times! Yikes!